You Are Here: home » vocabulary » essential vocabulary
additions for the workplace (and elsewhere)!!!
1. BLAMESTORMING: Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a
project failed, and who was responsible.
2. SEAGULL MANAGER: A manager, who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything,
and then leaves.
3. ASSMOSIS: The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by
kissing up to the boss rather than working hard
4. SALMON DAY: The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get
screwed and die in the end.
5. CUBE FARM : An office filled with cubicles.
6. PRAIRIE DOGGING : When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and
people's heads pop up over the walls to see what's going on
7. MOUSE POTATO : The on-line, wired generation's answer to the couch
8. SITCOMs: Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage. What Yuppies get into when
they have children and one of them stops working to stay home with the kids.
9. STRESS PUPPY: A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and
10. SWIPEOUT: An ATM or credit card that has been rendered useless because magnetic strip
is worn away from extensive use.
11. XEROX SUBSIDY: Euphemism for swiping free photocopies from one's workplace.
12. IRRITAINMENT: Entertainment and media spectacles that are Annoying but you find
yourself unable to stop watching them.
13. PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device
to get it to work again.
14. ADMINISPHERE : The rarefied organizational layers beginning just above the rank and
file. Decisions that fall from the adminisphere are often profoundly inappropriate or
irrelevant to the problems they were designed to solve.
15. 404: Someone who's clueless. From the World Wide Web error Message "404 Not
Found," meaning that the requested site could not be located.
16. GENERICA : Features of the American landscape that are exactly the same no matter
where one is, such as fast food joints, strip malls, and subdivisions.
17. OHNOSECOND: That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made
a BIG mistake. (Like after hitting send on an email by mistake).
18. WOOFS: Well-Off Older Folks.
19. CROP DUSTING: Surreptitiously passing gas while passing through a Cube Farm.
Comment or Share Your Own One Liner