You Are Here: home » true stories » just when you thought you knew everything
Just When You Thought You Knew Everything
Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you.|
2. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know
3. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6
feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from
4. The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for
5. No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7
6. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
7. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching
8. Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of
age or older.
9. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
10. The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
11. A Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's
12. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1 olive
from each salad served in first-class.
13. Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
14. Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in
15. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
16. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
17. The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.
18. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
19. Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of
the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
20. Marilyn Monroe had six toes.
21. All US Presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't like
being seen wearing them in public.
22. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
23. Pearls melt in vinegar.
24. Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for
dating are already married.
25. The three most valuable brand names on earth Marlboro, Coca
Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
26. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
27. A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why.
28. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days
when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on
the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight
29. Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first US president whose name
contains all the letters from the word "criminal."
30. And, the best for last.....Turtles can breathe through
Comment or Share Your Own One Liner