You Are Here: home » one liners » the art of dead horse riding
The Art of Dead Horse Riding
The tribal wisdom of the
Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that, "When you
discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
However, in modern government, a whole range of far more advanced strategies are often
employed such as:
1. Buying a stronger whip.
2. Changing Riders.
3. Threatening the horse with termination.
4. Appointing a committee to study the horse.
5. Arranging to visit other countries to see how other cultures ride dead horses.
6. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.
7. Reclassifying the dead horse as "living impaired."
8. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.
9. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase the speed.
10. Providing additional funding and/or training to increase the dead horse's performance.
11. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders would improve the dead horse's
12. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be fed, it is less costly, carries
lower overhead, and therefore contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the
economy than do some other horses.
13. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.
14. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.
Comment or Share Your Own One Liner