You Are Here: home » one liners » you might be from mississippi if:
You Might Be From Mississippi if:
1. You can properly pronounce Neshoba,
Chata, DeKalb, Kosciusko, Decatur, Yazoo, Pascagoula, Picayune, and
2. You think people who complain about the wind in their states are
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard with
4. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor
on the highway.
5. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to
"A/C" in the same day.
6. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined
by the distance to the door, but by the
availability of shade.
7. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
8. You've seen people wear bib overalls at funerals.
9. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
10. You measure distance in minutes.
11. It doesn't bother you to use an airport named for a man who died
in an airplane crash.
12. Little Smokies are something you serve only for special
13. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the
14. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.
15. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
16. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their
17. You have known someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your
18. A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a
four-way stop, each determined to be
the most polite and let the other go first.
19. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait
all in the same store.
20. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.
21. A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol, but a Chevy Silverado
Extended Bed Crew Cab is.
22. You know everything goes better with 'Ranch'.
23. You learned multiplication and shotgun gauge sizes at about the
24. You actually get these jokes and are "fixin' " to send
them to your friends.
Finally, you are 100% Mississippian if you have ever heard or had
"You wanna coke?"
Comment or Share Your Own One Liner