Here are the top ten comments
made by sports commentators that they would like to take back:
1. Weightlifting commentator at the Olympic Snatch and Jerk Event: "This is
Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was
2. Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak
from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."
3. Grand Prix Race Announcer: "The lead car is absolutely, truly unique, except for
the one behind it which is exactly identical to the one in front of the similar one in
4. Greg Norman, Pro Golfer: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and
5. Ringside Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries and even some deaths in
boxing - but none of them really that serious."
6. Baseball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the
same thing again."
7. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact
you can see it all over their faces."
8. At a trophy ceremony BBC TV Boat Race 1988: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the
Cambridge president is hugging the cox of the Oxford crew."
9. Metro Radio, College Football: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got
eleven Dicks on the field."
10. US Open TV Commentator: "One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is
that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God,
what have I just said."