1. A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
2. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest
3. The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously
from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
6. A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
7. A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2 by 3-1/2.
8. During the chariot scene in "Ben Hur", a small red car can be seen in the
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily (I knew it!).
10. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
11. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
12. The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of
chess is 318,979,564,000.
13. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple, and silver.
14. The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan". There was never a
recorded Wendy before.
15. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only
elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
16. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and
sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist that discovered this??)
17. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to slow film down while shooting so you
could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
18. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA".
19. The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
20. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated
that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
21. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At
that time, the most known player on the market was Victrola, so they called themselves
22. Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
23. By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
24. Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the
celery has in it to begin with.
25. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
26. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
27. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, "Elementary, my dear Watson".
28. An old law in Bellingham, Washington made it illegal for a woman to take more than 3
steps backwards while dancing.
29. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
30. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen
from public libraries.
31. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
32. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because
passing wind in a space suit damages them. (The suits or the astronauts??)