You Are Here: home » one liners » religious thoughts
1. Some people are kind,
polite, and sweet-spirited until you try to sit in their pews.
2. Many folks want to serve God, but only as advisers.
3. It is easier to preach ten sermons than it is to live one.
4. The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
5. When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.
6. People are funny, they want the front of the bus, the middle of the road, and the back
of the church.
7. Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your front door forever.
8. Quit griping about your church; if it was perfect, you couldn't belong.
9. The phrase that is guaranteed to wake up an audience: "And in conclusion."
10. If the church wants a better pastor, it only needs to pray for the one it has.
11. Not only are the sins of the fathers visited upon the children, but nowadays the sins
! of the children are visited upon the fathers.
12. God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead. So why should you?
13. To make a long story short, don't tell it.
14. If your left hand doesn't know what your right hand is doing, you should consider
running for a job in Washington, DC.
15. Some minds are like concrete, thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
16. Peace starts with a smile.
17. I don't know why some people change churches; what difference does it make which one
you stay home from?
18. A lot of church members who are singing "Standing on the Promises" are just
sitting on the premises.
19. We were called to be witnesses, not lawyers or judges.
20. Outside of traffic, there is nothing that holds this country back as much as
Comment or Share Your Own One Liner